GUIminer is a convenient graphical interface for mining Bitcoin and Litecoin. This software supports both GPU-mining with AMD and Nvidia graphics processors, and also CPU-mining. Modes for solo mining, and for mining in pools are available, and GUIminer has a built in list of mining pools.
- This program is already configured to work with popular pools for mining. There’s no need to configure the connection manually.
- Real time statistics from all working miners is available in one place. This program displays the hashing speed, the amount of received/invalid shares, and the total number of shares per hour.
- Automatic launch of several miners at program’s start.
- Your account balance in the pool is displayed online. You can do it from GUI in the participating pools.
- Minimizes into the notification area. You can check statistics in the notification area by simply hovering the mouse cursor over the icon, or just pause the program from the context menu.
General information about GUIminer
GUIminer is one of the most convenient tools for mining Bitcoin with Windows OS. A simple and user-friendly graphical interface of GUIminer will allow you to fully control the process of Bitcoin mining without the need to enter complex commands or constant editing of configuration files.
GUIminer is the ideal software for mining under Windows OS both for professionals and beginners. The program provides many useful features that will help any user to get the maximum amount of Bitcoins with minimal efforts.
GUIminer supports the most popular Bitcoin mining software, including OpenCL Miner for AMD graphics cards, CGminer for any ASIC Miner, and even Ufasoft Miner for CPU-mining. GUIminer not only supports different Bitcoin miners, but it also allows you to use several miners simultaneously. Having configured the miners, you can also configure “Autorun”, which will allow you to start mining when the program starts.
Guiminer Scrypt under Win64 for mining Litecoin
GUIminer Scrypt miner is a modification, which, unlike the original, allows you to mine the chains of cryptocurrency blocks. Simply put, this software can be used for mining Litecoin (LTC), Dodgecoin and other relatively inexpensive electronic coins. At the same time the version without the prefix “scrypt”, mines exclusively Bitcoin, and it is known that its mining is not profitable anymore neither from the economic, nor from the technical point of view. If not taking into account the above differences, then it is just the same GUIminer with all its advantages and disadvantages (luckily it has more pros than cons).
This software supports multiple mining modes of cryptocurrency mining. For example, CUDA mining and a special mode for working with Vertcoin cryptocurrency are supported here. If you really try you can even enable the generator that uses the CPU power. However, the efficiency of mining with a central processor is extremely low, that is why it is recommended to run it parallel with the GPU cryptocurrency mining.
But of course, the main advantage of GUIminer scrypt over the rest similar solutions is the availability of a graphical shell. Most modern miners are console applications. That is why it is not that convenient to use them, and even a child is able to master this program. To start the mining process it is enough to choose the mining mode (depending on the manufacturer of a graphics adapter), and also specify the information to connect to the pool. By the way, the program supports solo mode, which does not provide for working in the pool. Although it can be interesting only for those users who own really large farms for cryptocurrency mining.
As for performance, GUIminer-scrypt does not lag behind, but even outperforms the alternatives. In order to achieve optimal mining efficiency the developer recommends using the latest drivers for your graphics adapter.
Guiminer Scrypt key features
- Possibility of cryptocurrency chains mining, Dogecoin mining, Litecoin and other digital coins mining;
- Convenient graphical shell to connect to the pools and control the process of mining;
- CUDA technology support (for NVIDIA graphics adapter);
- Stratum-proxy support;
- Solo mode to mine cryptocurrency without the need to connect to the pool;
- Working with AMD gprahics adapters only if the AMD APP SDK is installed.
How do I start using GUIminer?
- To start using GUIminer, download the latest version by clicking the link from the official GitHub repository (https://github.com/downloads/Kiv/poclbm/guiminer-20121203.exe) or by clicking the link from the developer forum Bitcointalk in the developer branch (https://bitcointalk.org/?topic=3878.0).
- Open and unzip the archive to any place on your PC (we recommend to do it on the desktop). After that double-click the executable file “GUIminer” to open the interface.
- After launching GUIminer, just choose the pool for mining (for the most effective Bitcoin mining we recommend using the Slush method), specify your registration data and click “Start mining”.
- Having started the mining process, you will be able to see the summary statistics, hashing speed, the total amount of the shares received, and the total amount of shares per the last hour.
Configuring GUIminer for mining on pools
Unzip the contents of the archive to the directory you need and run guiminer.exe. If OpenCL (Open Computing Language) on your PC is installed correctly, the graphical GUI shell will be launched. If you see an error with OpenCL after the start, then you should install the OpenCL package from the graphics card manufacturer (GPU).
Settings for Deepbit pool
- Select the item “deepbit” in the field “Server”. In the field “Extra flags” we write “-v -w128 -f8” (without quotes).
- Then go to deepbit.net website and register. Go to the menu “Advanced…”.
- We need “API token” value, it is in bold. Copy the line, in GUIMiner click “Refresh balance” and paste it.
- When it’s about a single graphics card, just enter the registered email and password in the appropriate fields on deepbit.net. If you have two (or more) graphics cards, or there are two GPU on the graphics card, then you need to create a number of workers needed. To do this, on deepbit.net website in the “My account” panel, find the table named “Worker”, click “Create new worker” and then “Save settings.
- Then create a new generator in GUIMiner (File -> New miner -> New OpenCL miner…), give it a name and configure it. Now you can start counting (click “Start mining!”):
We need “Withdraw” button to withdraw money to the Bitcoin address specified on deepbit.net in your personal account. It can be a personal Bitcoin wallet or the address from the cryptocurrency exchange.
Settings for 50btc pool
- In the “Server” field, select “Other” item, and in the field Host enter “pool.50btc.com” (without quotes).
- In the field “Extra flags” enter “-v -w128” (without quotes).
- Then go to the 50BTC.com pool and register. Enter the “Mining” menu, create workers according to the number of GPUs in your system. (using the button labeled [+]).
- Enter the received worker login in the field “Username” in GUIMiner, you may leave the password field empty.
- For the second (and more) graphics card we create a new generator in GUIMiner (File -> New miner -> New OpenCL miner…), assign it a name and configure in the same way. Now you may start counting (click “Start mining!”):